Some of the major benefits of yoga include:
- helping reduce anxiety, increase body awareness and even speed the release of hormones that cause arousal. All of that translates to a boost in libido.
- Mental endurance and physical stamina are tested through holding postures for extended breaths.
- Arm and shoulder strength is multiplied as you use your own body weight for resistance.
- Lats and other back muscles begin to support the spine better than before.
- Abdominals and obliques are refined and sharpened through building core muscles.
- Poor and average posture begins to correct itself over time.
- Hip flexors are stretched and rebuilt.
- Glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves are tightened and lengthened where they need to be.
Yoga can also help people suffering from insomnia, reduces stress, and creates a better sense of well-being.
If you’d like to experience some of the benefits of yoga, join us on Friday July 12 (tomorrow!) for a FREE yoga class a community potluck. Our free classes and potlucks are held every second Friday of the month; future free classes will be on Friday August 9, and Friday September 13. Hope to see you there!